Picks of the Week
The Israel Vibration Quiz
Friday, 6 p.m. at Lahaina Civic Center
May 25, 2006
[REGGAE] Think you know all you need to about this classic roots reggae band? Take the quiz and find out:
1. Which band member (Cecil "Skelly" Spence or Lascelle "Wiss" Bulgin) contracted polio as a child?
2. Israel Vibration is from:
- Grass Valley
A: Jamaica (though Irieland is also acceptable).
3. Their 1988 greatest hits album featured:
- a collection of songs spanning a decade of music
- a guest appearance by a then 11-year-old Kanye West
- their classic three-part harmony sound, a relaxed, rural tempo and falsetto backing vocals
- only songs from their first two albums
A: All but b—Kanye was busy convincing his classmates that the cafeteria lady doesn't like fifth graders.
4. Israel Vibration honors which religion?
A: Rastafari. Wait, that wasn't one of the choices? Sorry. Dude, I can't wait for Israel Vibration!
5. The Israel Vibration show is bound to be:
- a really great show, also featuring INNA VISION, Versatile, Ras Gabriel & 4-Word, and Righteous Roger
A: All of the above. Enjoy! Tickets: $26 pre-sale, $36 day of show, $60 VIP. Get 'em at Requests (Wailuku), Bahama Mama (Paia), Paradise Audio (Lahaina) and Beach Road Records (Kihei) or check out: www.naturalmysticproductions.com. [COREY "THE INTERN" NIELSEN]
|Entertainment and lifestyle news for Maui, Hawaii and the surrounding Islands. Maui Time Weekly is Mauis only independent and locally owned newspaper.
Mail this link to a friend|