March 15, 2007
WHO GAVE: John Garibaldi—President, Hawaii Superferry, Inc.
WHO RECEIVED: Governor Linda Lingle
DATE: Mar. 27, 2006
Lost in all the discussion over what will happen with the state
Senate's compromise bill that requires a full Environmental Impact
Statement on the proposed Superferry (at taxpayer expense) but allows
Hawaii Superferry, Inc. (HSF) to start operations this July is what
will happen if the bill manages to make it all the way to Governor
Linda Lingle's desk. Don't expect it to be pretty. In addition to
Garibaldi's contribution cited above, here's what HSF principals and
investors gave to Lingle during the 2006 campaign:
• John Lehman (HSF Chairman): $3,000
• Christopher McKenna (Lehman Brothers): $2,500
• Tig Krekel (HSF Vice Chairman): $3,000
• David Cole (HSF Director/Maui Land & Pineapple President, Chairman and CEO): $4,000
• Margaret Cole (David Cole's wife): $6,000
• Stephen Case (HSF investor): $3,000
When all that's added to Garibaldi's $2,800 contribution, HSF, its
directors and investors gave Lingle $24,300 in total during her 2006
reelection campaign. Where I come from, that translates into the bill
being Dead On Arrival when Lingle gets it.
|Entertainment and lifestyle news for Maui, Hawaii and the surrounding Islands. Maui Time Weekly is Mauis only independent and locally owned newspaper.
Mail this link to a friend|